Saturday, November 17, 2012

Antiques in waiting...

I have a few antique furniture pieces that I purchased off Kijiji. They have been quietly sitting in my gigantically small aka teeny tiny apartment for quite some time now.

1) 1930's (?) Antique Buffet which I began by painting a beautiful turquoise blue. I had planned on using it in my bedroom, possibly as a dresser. I found it too big for the room and so it sits with 2 doors and 3 drawers painted. Now, I must figure out how to paint over the enamel paint, with latex because I can't find a spray paint in the colour that I like *sigh*.

I moved on to wanting to paint it a light pink and move it into the Living Room as a TV/Entertainment Stand after finding these beautiful inspirations:

I found this turquoise beauty over at "A Diamond in the Stuff"


I can't find where this beauty originated, but I promise to provide the correct link once I locate it. 




Find this gorgeous vignette at "Sweet Pickins Furniture" formerly known as show and tell



2) 1930's (?) Antique China Cabinet. You can find it's journey and my war wounds here. These bad boys were my inspiration:

You can find this beauty at "Forever Pink" 



This sweetheart can be found at "Cupids Charm" 


3) Antique round pedestal Table. Ok, so it's not an antique but it sure does look a wee bit dated. Let's call her, vintage. But I knew what I was getting into when I found these pretty little things:

I'm sorry, I have no idea where this originates. Gotta love Pinterest. I promise to post the link if I can locate it. 


I found this lovely on Decorpad.

So I have 3 beauties left in my arsenal. I promise to post the final versions, if and when they are complete. It's a slow journey with a 5 year old in tow :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to provide comments, however, I ask that you be kind with your words. I will delete posts as I see fit and if they do not follow the above rule or are somehow harmful to others. Thank you.