Saturday, October 20, 2012

Newbie alert!!! Testing, testing, 1,2,3


I am a major decor geek and a mom in training. But most of all, I am a wanderer. I love to travel and have weird and strange new experiences in far off places. I have travelled extensively for work and pleasure; mostly pleasure. I am just starting to figure out how to continue to do that, as a single mother of a 5 yr old boy. 

I will try not to bore you all with my wild and crazy ramblings about motherhood and how I am the best mother on earth and how everything I do is sunshine and gold. Truth be told, I often struggle with motherhood and what I think are my failings. But hey, few people like to talk about those things...so instead, we will talk about things that I do well, like: decor8ing, party planning, cooking and travelling. Perhaps with a few funnies about my misadventures in motherhood.

This is my little boy when he was much younger...yet still so darn cute!!! 



Here's one of my newest creations in progress. I am still on the hunt for a beveled mirror for the top, to hide the damage caused by humidity. This girl is old, but she sure is pretty!




I aspire to be interesting and whether or not I will succeed, remains to be seen. In here, this tiny little box, you will find random thoughts and comments on decor8ing, thrifting, being a mom, travelling, cooking, recipes, successes and failures.  I'm hoping for some laughs or maybe even a few tears, hopefully from laughing so hard. When in doubt bring the wine and a box of tissues.

I have many OCD tendancies and am an organizational freak in most aspects of my life. I blame it on being a very typical Virgo. Is it my fault my parents rocked out at Christmas/New Year's some 30+ years ago?! I categorize my life as pre and post K (kid). I was once a neat freak. Now I am a very good "tidy freak", that is very capable of hiding the mess so others think I'm still a neat freak :)  I have gone from being a wild and carefree young woman, to being a late 30 something, single mom to a 5 yr old wild and carefree little boy.

Our home is not grande by no stretch of the imagination but it is warm, inviting and a work in progress. I am constantly trying to find my decor niche. I have gone from loving earth tones and modern decor to suddenly realizing that I love, love, love thrifting and finding a lovely balance between shabby chic/vintage and contemporary/modern looks -- I think. Decisive, eh? Either way, I hope you will come on this new decor journey with me.

I can sew some and cook an amazing array of foods from around the world. Just don't ask me to bake desserts that resembles Martha Stewart's website photos. It's not happening. If you ever see photos of a lovely baked dessert -- the real question should be -- did your sister come for a visit? or did you call up your local baker? I have been known to throw a mean party and in my next life I will probably be a party or event planner.

Anyways, I have recently become obsessed with decor8ing blogs and I thought, heck why the hell can't I do that too?  I hope to create a blog that is entertaining, provides useful or somewhat useful information, all the while using what I like and dislike about other blogs. Once I figure out how to do that...I think we'll have a winner. No? Well perhaps.


So for starters, here's a few photos of my creations. Also known as some of my successes and failures. Won't you join me?
1) Antique dresser, in progress (see above) with damage to the top. I plan on painting the handles and getting a mirror for the top.
2) Duvet cover - the fabric was initially intended to be my living room curtains but they didn't have enough of the fabric, so I decided to make it into duvet cover instead. I found better fabric for the living room curtains...which I will post later.
3) Bedroom curtains. These turned out way better than my living room curtains as I learned from my mistakes on those.




By the way...my name is Tasha. It's lovely to meet y'all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to provide comments, however, I ask that you be kind with your words. I will delete posts as I see fit and if they do not follow the above rule or are somehow harmful to others. Thank you.